What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on the web browser on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between web pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience.
The cookies used on purplehazeuk.com are based on the International Chamber of Commerce guide for cookie categories.
‘Strictly Necessary’ cookies allow you to navigate the website and access essential features and web pages.
We use Strictly Necessary cookies to:
- Remember any data selection on our email enquiry and proposal request forms
Strictly Necessary cookies will NOT be used to:
- Gather information that could be used to advertise products or services to you
- Remember your preferences beyond your current visit.
‘Performance’ cookies collect information about how you use this website. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you. We use Google Analytics to anonymously track:
- Number of visitors
- Browser types
- Page views
- Length of time on website
- Browsers used
- Web-site errors
The information collected is only used to help us improve how our website works and understand what interests our visitors.
Performance cookies will NOT be used to:
- Gather information that could be used to advertise products or services to you on other websites
- Remember your preferences beyond your current visit
- Target adverts to you on any other website
In some cases, some of these cookies are managed for us by third parties but we do not allow them to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
‘Functionality’ cookies allow our website to remember choices you make (e.g. your username) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies are used to remember changes you have made, like re-setting your account password. These cookies cannot track browsing activity on other websites.
We use ‘Functionality’ cookies to:
- Remember settings you’ve applied such as layout, text size, preferences and colours
- Remember if we’ve already asked you to fill in a survey
- Share information with partners to provide a service on our website. The information shared is only to be used to provide the service, product or function and not for any other purpose.
Functionality cookies will NOT be used to:
- Target you with adverts on other websites
‘Targeting’ cookies are linked to services provided by third parties such as ‘like’ and ‘share’ buttons. The third party provides these services in return for recognising that you have visited our website.
We use “Targeting’ cookies to:
- Link to social networks
- Provide online advertising/media platforms with information on your visit so that they can present you with adverts that you may be interested in.
Our website will set several types of third-party cookies, and we do not control the operation of any of them. The third-party cookies which may be set include:
- Google Remarketing – we use Google’s Remarketing cookie to market products and services we think may be of interest to you. You may see our adverts on Google’s Display Advertising Network of partner websites and Google’s own search results pages. We aim to carefully select the products and services we remarket to you, and do so based on the pages you have visited on our website. To opt out of Google Remarketing, set your Google Ad Settings.
You can control whether or not these cookies are used, but preventing them may stop us from offering you some services. All of these cookies are managed by third parties and you may alternatively us the third parties’ own tools to prevent these cookies.
How To Manage Cookies
All browser technologies enable you to manage the cookies in the cookie folder of your browser. There are a couple of approaches you can take:
- Delete cookies from your cookie folder once you have finished your visit at our site, or;
- Set your preferences for using cookies before you begin using our website.
You can find further information about how to manage your browsers and cookies from your particular browser manufacturers. These are the most popular:
This site contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the content or privacy policies on any of these sites.
Changes to this policy