So what does a Virtual Assistant actually do?
Yes, of course they’ll answer the phone. But that’s just the beginning. Because it’s only taken us a few minutes here in the office to come up with an A to Z of tasks a virtual assistant can help with. And it’s not even an exhaustive list.
A-E of tasks a Virtual Assistant can help with
1. Arrange a meeting… Ever got into one of those ping-pong message exchanges that seem to take half the day when you’re trying to get two or three people to the same place at the same time?
2. Book a taxi. Get you your train tickets. Get you a flight – at short notice. Or sort out a gondola, if you happen to be visiting Venice.
3. Check your emails. Meaning that you can take a holiday without checking the phone every ten minutes. (We’ll be in touch if there’s anything you really need to deal with…)
4. Deliver your packages (or at least arrange for them to be delivered). And yes, that goes for e-commerce, too. Which could save you a lot of trips to the Post Office…
5. Engage with your e-commerce customers. Yes. Really. This is one of the tasks a Virtual Assistant can help with. Successful e-commerce depends on creating a good customer experience – dealing promptly with sales enquiries and with orders in progress. Your Virtual Assistant can handle all of that. So, you can get on with growing the business.
F-J of tasks a Virtual Assistant can help with
6. Find you a cleaner. Book you a hairdresser. Sort out a masseur. Or a therapist, if things get really tough. And we’ll make the appointments, too – at a time that will fit your busy schedule.
7. Get your itinerary sorted. Organising a trip? It can be a long, frustrating job. So why not let your Virtual Assistant take the strain? And help deal with any problems you encounter along the way. (“I’m in Crewe. Where should I be?”)
8. Help out with hotel arrangements. Let someone else find you the best, most convenient, and most reasonably priced place to stay.
9. Insure your luggage. (So you can be sure of having clothes to wear when you get there. Not to mention your toothbrush…) And, of course, find the right insurance for anything else you need to cover.
10. Jolly along that awkward client. The one who keeps calling because, apparently, they’ve nothing much better to do. You have, so let your friendly, personable Virtual Assistant handle it…
K-O of tasks a Virtual Assistant can help with
11. Know your software. Not sure which apps are best for your business? Your Virtual Assistant uses most of them – so we’ll be happy to advise.
12. Locate key services. If you’re looking for an expert to help out with a key aspect of your business, just ask. With our extensive network we’re very likely to have people we know we can recommend.
13. Manage your diary. How many times a day do you check your diary to see when you can fit in another meeting, a vital phone call – or even some actual work? Your Virtual Assistant can make sure you have all the time you need, when you need it, for the things that demand it.
14. Nobble the time-wasters. Those people who interrupt your day in a desperate attempt to sell you things you absolutely don’t need. They won’t get past us… one of the many vitial tasks a virtual assistant can help with!
15. Organise your contacts. If you’ve got five different contact lists (or just one, slightly disorganised, one) your Virtual Assistant can sort you out. With a single list that can connect to all the applications that need it…
P-T of tasks a Virtual Assistant can help with
16. Pet therapy. Need to find accommodation for the dog? Or the cat? Or the horse? Your Virtual Assistant can do the legwork.
17. Query your bills. Someone sent an invoice you want to check up on? Let your Virtual Assistant do it for you, so you can get on with your day.
18. Rearrange your schedule. Dealing with the unexpected is a major time-waster, especially when your entire diary needs to be reconfigured. So let someone else do it for you…
19. Sort out your accounts. Yes, your Virtual Assistant can also do the bookkeeping (and how much time would that save you?)
20. Threaten your bad debtors. It’s always easier to get someone else to do this, so you can be insincerely apologetic once you’ve got the money. “They might have come on a bit strong – I’ll have a word…”
U-Z of tasks a Virtual Assistant can help with
21. Untangle your systems. Businesses sometimes grow faster than the systems we use to run them. Your Virtual Assistant can help unpick the tangle and get your operation running smoothly again.
22. Virtually represent your business. If you’ve seen those chatbots on e-commerce sites you’ll realise someone has to be there to respond to visitor questions. We can be the someone.
23. Win over a hesitant buyer. Walk us through the features and benefits of your product or service, and we’ll do more than answer the phone to callers. We’ll help them to decide whether or not it’s right for them.
24. X-cellent customer service. Let us handle the callbacks, the returns, the queries and the complaints, while you get on with the job, safe in the knowledge that customer care is in good hands.
25. Your virtual valet. Suit needs cleaning? No problem – we’ll arrange it.
26. Zzzzz… That’s enough. By now you’re probably getting sleepy. So yes, we’ll arrange an alarm call…
As you can see, there are so many tasks a virtual assistant can help with, and take off your hands, freeing you up to focus on more important aspects of running your business.
Get in touch with us at Purple Haze UK for a FREE consultation and discover how our virtual resource services can lighten your load and help increase productivity. Call 01638 741079 today!